When We Get Married



We lived. We loved. We fought. We cried. We gave up. We started over. We grew apart. We grew closer. We failed. We triumphed. We prayed together. This is our life.

Now we move forward. We are becoming one. We are growing. We are living. We are loving. We are asking for His blessings.

On December 4, 2006, Pastor Scott will marry Jaimie and I and we will become one. We will stand before our family, friends and God and declare our intentions to be faithful and true to one another.

It is another step to get closer to our dream.

Our Song: Closer by Goapele
Closer to my dreamsGetting over, I’m gettin’ higherCloser to my dreamsI’m getting higher and higher
Feel it in my sleepSome times it feels like I’ll never go pass againSome times it feels like I’m stuck forever and everWhen I’m going higher
Closer to my dreamsI’m goin’ higher and higherI ain’t gonna sleepSome times you just have to let it go (Let it go, letit go)Leaving all my fears to burn downPush them away so I can move on
Closer to my dreamsFeel it all over my beingClose your eyes and see what you believeI’m happy as long as we’re apartThen I’m moving on to my dreamsI’ll be moving higher (Moving higher)
Closer to my dreamsAnd higher and higher, higherFeel it in my being (I can feel it flow around me)I know that I could not go alone (No, no)
I’m moving higher (Higher), oh...I’m going higher and higher and higher (Higher andhigher)Closer to my dreams (Higher and higher, oh...oh...)I’m moving upward and onward and beyond all I can see(Stretching out my arms so I can breathe)
Feels so close it’s like strangeI can feel my dreams (Closer to my dreams)I’m moving closer to my dreamsI’m moving (Higher and higher) higher and higher(Higher and higher)Moving higher, ho...Some times it feels like you never gon’ change (Nevergon’ change)But you never choose to walk away

 

26 Responses to When We Get Married

  1. Anonymous Says:
    Well congratufreakinlations brother! I wish you and the lady the best from 3,000 miles away.

    Has this date been public (blog) knowledge? Maybe I haven't been paying proper attention (wouldn't be the first time) but the news seems so sudden.
  2. James Manning Says:
    Thanks Rahsid,

    No, it wasn't public knowledge. Actually, I didn't even put it out there that we were engaged.

    So, you weren't sleep. We were just private.
  3. Dave Miller Says:
    Congrats James. I am not sure you are aware, but Jamie was part of my youth group when I was youth pastor over in Santa Monica. I have also known Scott for many years.

    I wish you both many years of happiness, joy and love. Enjoy!
  4. Unknown Says:
    WOW! Congratulations!

    Not that I think it will be a problem, but I still want to share with you my favorite quote on marriage,

    "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages."

    - F. Nietzsche


    Best wishes from my family to yours.
  5. Sister Copinherhair Says:
    I came across your blog when I ran a google search on Mr. Heat Miser and found your post from last year.

    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I wish you both much happiness.
  6. nosthegametoo Says:
    My dear friend, it's a shame you're not in Chicago, I would definately want to do something to share in your special day.

    To you and your lovely lady, I wish you nothing but Peace and Love.
  7. Kip Says:
    I wish you and Jaimie well and congrats Jay (James) you have found love and so has she I know you two have some planning to do via getting ready still. You two are so bless with the nectar of Love congrats
  8. Cynthia Says:
    Congrats.
  9. Anonymous Says:
    Looks like "Anonymous" had some sort of schizophrenic moment.
  10. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    12 02 06

    Congratulations James!
  11. James Manning Says:
    Anony - you are out of your mind!!!

    Dave, I remember Jaimie telling me that. It's a small world. Mahn, thanks. I'll have some pictures when its done.

    Cynt, nice to see you around.
  12. Bullfrog Says:
    Hey Big J and Jaimie,

    Congratulations! May the Lord bless your marriage!
  13. DJ Diva Says:
    I am very happy for both of you guys....My best to you and you daughter!
  14. Anonymous Says:
    May God bless your union! I wish you and Jamie all the love your hearts can hold. I've been married 10 years, and each day has been like the first!

    Congratulations!
  15. Mr. Grey Ghost Says:
    Much congrats James.
  16. Bushwack Says:
    Congrats my liberal sparring brother.

    I mean that sincerely. We wish you all the best.

    Now you can be as miserable as the rest of us.... LMAO.

    BTW, My new blog is up and running. http://www.americanandproud.net/

    I haven't put your link up yet I'll do it after the game tonight.
    Carolina/Philly....

    Later.
  17. bold as love Says:
    Peace,
    Congrats and best wishes
    Remember what my Grandad always said about the secret to long marriages- just be good to each other.
    Later'
  18. LGR Says:
    Congrats James...Sheesh I knew you would find a way to make my return to blogging seem so miniscule...LOL MEP and I have been doing a lot of wedding planning ourselves I am looking forward to the DAY its done.

    God bless the union
  19. Dionne Says:
    Heartfelt Congratulations!!!!!!
  20. Dan-E Says:
    congratulations my friend. you're marrying a woman who understands (or at least tolerates) your need to watch football every sunday. that's a keeper.
  21. Timothy Says:
    James,
    Congratulations. I hope you and the Mrs. have a long, and wonderful life together... Many, many, blessings...
  22. MEP Says:
    Aww, congrats to you both!!! That's awesome!
  23. Diane S. Says:
    Your song made me cry.

    Nothing makes me happier than when two really good people who deserve happiness find it. May God bless you both.
  24. Malik Akbar Says:
    May God richly bless your marriage and make your home a place of happiness and peace. Congratulations to you both.
  25. Dangerfield Says:
    Congrats James I am very happy for you. You too will make a powerful couple, I will sprinkle some of my majic herbs on your behalf. Way to go Jamie and James.
  26. Maverick Says:
    I have been really out of the blogger loop as of lately...but congratulations on that next step. You seem like you are excited about the decision and that is all you can really ask...