Lack of Posting

Sorry I haven't posted lately. Yesterday was "Bring Your Child to Work Day" and Mini-mom was running around the office. She was so funny because she kept asking for me in the morning hours but by noon she had left me for a co-worker and by the end of the day she would only find me if she wanted candy. Oh well, it was nice to see her hang out and grow up a little bit.

Onward, Upward

I'm not sure if it was my ADHD or my lack of motivation, but I am just beginning to get excited about seeking a Masters degree. I've completed the application and I'm doing the final touch-ups to the goal statement. The closer I get to completing the application process the more excited I get. Another incentive is the 75% discount because I work for the university. That made the decision even easier. So come October, I'll buckle down and makes some moves so I can make some money.

Free Press?

I haven't gotten into the details of the Bush Administration trying to take the New York Times to court for revealing the program that tracked banking transactions. I don't see how they could make the argument that the New York Times hurt their effort when a lot of this stuff was already public record. The cynic in me thinks this is just a political ploy because the NYT's is an easy target and most folks on the right already hate the media.

More hard work by Congress

Boy, these guys are really working hard on dealing with the major issues in this country. I mean, just the other day they attempted to pass a bill to ban flag burning. Now there is a major crisis in America. Just think how disruptive flag burning has been to our economy, health care and educational system. Although, I've never seen anyone burn the flag and I can't remember the last time a major flag burning incident was in the news, it is still a crisis. In fact, I'll bet the reason Congress hasn't passed an Immigration bill, dealt with Social Security reform or restructured the tax code to eliminate the AMT is because they understand that if there is a Constitutional amendment to ban flag-burning, all of those problems would cease to exist. Wow, those guys are so smart. No wonder they voted themselves a pay raise. Look at all the work they put into helping the American people.

 

10 Responses to Lack of Posting

  1. Dionne Says:
    I'm still smiling imagining mini-mom running around your workplace. I love your nickname for her by the way :-).
  2. Unknown Says:
    What is that you do, James?
  3. Bloviating Zeppelin Says:
    James: so in what subject area have you decided to take your Masters? My very own fiance just finished hers from UCLB.

    BZ
  4. James Manning Says:
    BZ,

    I'm going to focus on Human Resource Management. It relates closely with my BS in Training & Development.

    Outside,

    Mostly I blog :) When I'm not doing that I'm working with teachers that want to pursue a Masters.
  5. Brotha Buck Says:
    That explains all the kiddos running around here yesterday. I kept wondering why folks had their kids up on a newspaper newsroom
  6. Cynthia Says:
    I think this is by far the easiest degree to get and the rewards are great...

    Good luck
  7. Anonymous Says:
    Congrats on getting your masters James. Now I need to get my lazy butt in gear and get my MBA.

    Off topic the Supreme Court offered Bush a little smackdown:

    The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that President Bush overstepped his authority in ordering military war crimes trials for Guantanamo Bay detainees.

    The ruling, a rebuke to the administration and its aggressive anti-terror policies, was written by Justice John Paul Stevens, who said the proposed trials were illegal under U.S. law and international Geneva conventions.
  8. James Manning Says:
    Wow,

    I didn'tthink the Supreme Court would rule against Bush on anything.

    Cynt,

    It's an opportunity for me to look at some new career directions.
  9. Bloviating Zeppelin Says:
    Well, congratulations to you, James; I know it's hard work and I hope it enables you to not only open doors but do what you want with the knowledge, and enjoy the subsequent work.

    BZ
  10. Sherril Says:
    James,
    I wanted to email you directly but could find no email address on your profile. I would like you to come over to my blog and read the latest post and if you are so inclined, to respond. I welcome any of your readers as well.

    Thanks,
    Sherril