Still on Vacation: Random Thoughts

Wassup, I'm still in Chicago kicking it with the fam. I have today and tomorrow then it's back to Los Angeles.

Thought #1: It's Getting Hot In Here

It's hot as hell in Chicago. It's been over 90 degrees every that I've been here. It's unusual whether for May but at least it's not cold.

Thought #2: #715

Barry Bonds passed Babe Ruth on the home run list and everyone has an opinion about it. Well, let me off my two cents. First, I just don't understand the hoopla about becoming number two. And can we really compare Barry Bonds to Babe Ruth? Ok, so maybe Babe Ruth was great in his day but let's be real, it's not like he was playing against the best day in and day out. Heck, they didn't even allow brothers to play - so maybe he was the best amongst his peers, but that's about it.

As for Barry, I hear so may journalist talking about the contentious relationship they have with Barry. How does that take away from his greatness? Who gives damn what a journalist sports think? Then there is the steroids issue... Well, if Barry took steroids then that makes him stupid, but the man can still hit the ball.

Random Thought #3: Carter II is ok

I listened to Lil Wayne's CD and I have to admit, the kid did really good with it. I actually like it. It may not be something I'd bump but overall, I can understand why young folks would be on Lil Wayne's tip. So I do stand corrected. Lil Wayne is not one of the worst rappers of all time and I will make it official when I release a new edition.

Random Thought #4: I'm Coming Home

This is the longest I've been away from my family and I'm really missing Jaimie and Mini-mom. I love Chicago and it is great hanging out with my sisters and brothers, but I wouldn't trade it for what is waiting for me in Los Angeles. I'll have to blog about this more but since tonight is my last night, I have to go out and get some pizza. So I'll holla at y'all later.

 

10 Responses to Still on Vacation: Random Thoughts

  1. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    05 30 06

    Hey James:
    Once you are bonded to someone, it is really difficult to be away from them! My husband and I were briefly separated a few years back because I went to visit a buddy in Europe and we didn't have enough money for him to go. I had fun with my buddy, but I missed him to no end! It was the longest ten days I ever experienced. So I can relate on missing Jaime and mini mom! Regarding Chicago pizza, you just slipped that in eh? I have heard (from Chicagoans) that their pizza is the best. There is a place in Oakland/Berkeley called Zachary's Pizza. I am told that they come closest to Chicago Pizza and it is good!

    Well we await your return in the blogosphere. Enjoy the rest of your time there:)
  2. Dionne Says:
    Eat some deep dish for me ;-)!!!
  3. RO-beast Says:
    Well hoped ya enjoyed ya stay man. I have yet to experience the West coast again but i will soon enough!
  4. nikki Says:
    i hope you had a great time there in the chi. i'm sure jaimie and mini-mom are missing you even more.
  5. Anonymous Says:
    Hey, all rap pretty much sucks. If I were Oprah-esque I'd exclude them bamas from my guest list, too.

    So there.
  6. Mahogany Misfit Says:
    Hi there! I just stumbled across your blog and it's HILARIOUS! You just earned a new regular reader!

    Enjoy the vacay!
  7. Cynthia Says:
    It good to hear you had a nice vacation. Can you believe I like the Cali style pizza better. In fact, I don't eat cheeze on my veggie pizzas
  8. Nika Laqui Says:
    Hope you enjoyed your trip to the Windy....
  9. Bushwack Says:
    Babe Ruth was the greatest in his time.
    Barry Bonds might be the greatest in ours. He is also the most disliked.
    The reason isn't black or white, it is attitude. Remember the Sosa/McGuire home run fest.
    Sosa had as many fans as McGuire, It didn't matter who won that race because both made it clear it was for the good of the game.and acted as gentlemen.
    Barry has made it clear many times in his mind its all about Barry and he has been any thing but a gentleman.
    Steroids? Who cares, you still have to hit the ball. you can get as big and fast as you want but the ability to hit a 95mph fastball 450ft doesn't all come from a shot.
    He coould have been remembered as the greatest had he exercised some dignity and been humble in his excelence. Instead we will remember him as the steroid using, ego maniacal, home run hitting idiot in Frisco.
  10. Anonymous Says:
    Very nice site! Pensacola web cam Pimped out cadillac escalade cars