Sunday's Past

I was awaken this morning at 6:09am by my three-year-old who has little regard for or any sense of time. This is especially true when it comes to my sleep. She wanted breakfast so I got up with her because Jaimie is totally not a morning person. So we make grits and eggs which she didn't eat because she is more interested me letting her crack the eggs in a bowl than she is interested in eating them.

After making this great breakfast that she didn't eat, I turned on the television and guess what is on television. Cartoons of my youth. We sat in front of the television and laughed at Squiddley Diddly, Secret Squarrel and some other Hanna-Babera classics. It's nice to know that someone still respect these shows. They have an old look to them - heck, they had an old look to them when I was a kid.

Well, I just wanted to share that with you all. Have a good sunday. I'm off to watch the Bears.

Squiddly Diddly


Secret Squirrel


Magilla Gorilla


Hill Billy Bears


Atom Ant







 

7 Responses to Sunday's Past

  1. NewYorkMoments Says:
    Thanks for the blast from the past :-)

    Today I wrote about one of my favorite cartoons of my childhood, too. Well, sort of.
  2. Sornie Says:
    While the toons you mentioned aren't thos of my memories, the other night my wife and I pondered just what happened to the cartoons we grew up with. Remembering after-school reruns of 'Scooby-Doo' being replaced wih 'He-Man' and watching relative classics such as 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' and "Garfield and Friends' as well as 'The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Hour' on Saturday mornings.

    Now kids have power rangers and powerpuff girls.
  3. Jack Steiner Says:
    I loved Magilla. Boomerang has a nice selection of shows. BTW, I feel your pain because my son thinks nothing of waking me up at 5 on the weekends.

    Most of the time it is a little later, but yesterday morning I could have screamed. Good thing I love him so much.
  4. James Manning Says:
    Jack, Drop me a link to that Boomerang.
  5. Cynthia Says:
    My favorite was the smurfs.
  6. Dionne Says:
    I love the old cartoons. They don't make good ones anymore like they used too. Thats why I think cartoon network is great because my kids can watch some of the good cartoons that I watched growing up. I liked Scooby Doo, the Jetsons and the Flintstones.

    I responded to your comments about 24 on my blog :-).
  7. James Manning Says:
    LMC,

    All of those Hanna-Barbera cartoons are great. I may have to do some research on those cats.

    Cynt,

    I see you have a pic. That's cool.