A Song For Everything

Jaimie got me thinking about the spirit of music and how it can move an individual in any given situation. The truth is, there is a song for any given moment in your life. So today I would just like to provide you with songs that you can play based on your mood or situation. Consider it my assistance in helping you create the soundtrack of your life.

The family barbecue:
"Family Reunion" by the O'Jays
"I Wish" by Stevie Wonder
"Strawberry Letter 23" by The Brothers Johnson
"I Just Want to Be" by Cameo

Hanging at the pool hall:
"Trouble Man" by Marvin Gaye
"People Get Ready" Curtis Mayfield
"I'm Just Tryin' to Hold On to My Woman" by Lemont Dozier

After making bail:
"F**k tha Police" by NWA
"Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos" by Public Enemy
"C.R.E.A.M." by Wu Tang Clan

When you need to check your woman:
"The Rain" by Oran Juice Jones
"(B) Ain't Nothing But A Word to Me" by Too Short & Ice Cube

When you need to check your man:
"Ain't Nothing Goin' On But the Rent" by Gwen Gunthrie
"Respect" by Aretha Franklin
"I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor

When you ned to check your kids:
"Pappa Don't Take No Mess" by James Brown

Play right before you have to beat down someone:
"What's My Name" by DMX
"Appetite for Destruction" by NWA
"Shame On A Nigga" by Wu Tang Clan

Cruisin' In the Ride:
"Just Be Thankful" by William DeVaughn
"Nothin' But A G Thang" by Dr. Dre

Having a skate party
"Get Off" by Foxy
"Doing It to Death" by James Brown
"Stomp" by The Brothers Johnson

First dance at wedding recital:
"Love Ballad" by LTD
"At Your Best" by The Isley Brothers
"Inside You" by Ray, Goodman & Brown

Those begging songs:
"And I'm Telling You" by Jennifer Holiday
"I Hate You" by Prince
If Your Hearts Not In It" by Atlantic Star

Setting the mood:
"Do Me Baby" by Prince
(damn near any song) by Barry White
"Turn Off the Lights" Teddy Pendergrass

Feel like having church:
"Tomorrow" by the Winans
"My Soul Has Been Anchored" by Douglass Miller
"Perfect Praise" by Walt Whitman & The Soul Children of Chicago

Christmas:
"This Christmas" by Donny Hathaway
"Silent Night" by The Temptations
"A Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole
"Some Day At Christmas" by Stevie Wonder
"Give Love at Christmas" by the Jackson 5
"Santa Claus, Go Strait to the Ghetto" by James Brown

 

5 Responses to A Song For Everything

  1. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    12 09 05
    ha ha haha I totally agree, especially on the bbq one! You are so damned funny all the time, even if you are serious! ah ha ha. You and a couple of other bloggers inspired me to explore a sense of humor today. See my blog now and laugh!!! Enjoy your weekend:)
  2. Rell Says:
    Setting hte Mood = "Feenin" (remix) by Jodeci
  3. DJ Diva Says:
    love this james!!!!!!
  4. Rose Says:
    Some of those songs are timeless. Yes there is a song or music for everything..
  5. The All Knowing Says:
    You have to add "Stairway To Heaven - The O'Jays " to your wedding list. I totally agree with you with your choices for the family barbecue songs.