Christmas Series: The Heat Miser

It's the Christmas Season so from now until Christmas Day, I will post something about the season every day. Today's post is on one of those Christmas classics that come on television every year. I am talking about non other than "The Year Without Santa Clause".

This is a show that I watched with my brothers and sisters every year. As soon as we found out when it was coming on, we planned the night. First, we'd make some Christmas cookies, then gather snow from the front yard for homemade ice cream and wash it all down with egg nog. By the time I was 11 I knew every song in the show.

So in honor of those days, I'd to dedicate the first Chirstmas Post Series to Mr. Heat Miser. He is my favorite character with regards to all of those puppet/cartoon Christmas shows. Take a bow Mr. Heat Miser. He has the best song of any Christmas show. Even the ending of "It's A Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" can't compete with the Heat Miser song.



The Heat Miser

If you don't remember that then I really feel sorry for you. But here is a sysnopsis from Yahoo:



Feeling exhausted and unappreciated by the children of the world, Santa Claus decides to take a year off from Christmas. Unable to rouse him from his sickbed, Mrs. Claus sends elves Jingle and Jangle and the reindeer Vixen to bring back proof that children still hold faith and admiration for Christmas. After narrowly escaping the clutches of villains Heat Miser and Snow Miser, the elves arrive in South Town, USA. There they are immediately ticketed by a policeman, and Vixen is thrown into an animal pound. When Santa Claus learns of their perils, he jumps from his bed and goes to the rescue. Posing as a human, the sickly Santa searches for Jingle, Jangle, and Vixen, and in his search he finds the best medicine of all, a generous family who still believes in the spirit of Christmas.


This is such a special show for me. I love that song by the Heat Miser. If you've never heard it before, check it out right here: The Heat Miser Song

by Maury Laws and Jules Bass

[Heat Miser]
I'm Mister Green Christmas
I'm Mister Sun
I'm Mister Heat Blister
I'm Mister Hundred and One
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch
I'm too much!
[Chorus]
He's Mister Green Christmas
He's Mister Sun
He's Mister Heat Blister
He's Mister Hundred and One
[Heat Miser]
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch
[Chorus]
He's too much!
[Heat Miser]
Thank you!
I never want to see a day
That's under sixty degrees
I'd rather have it eighty,
Ninety, one hundred degrees!
(spoken):Oh, some like it hot, but I like it really hot! Hee hee!
[Chorus]
He's Mister Green Christmas
He's Mister Sun
[Heat Miser]
Sing it!
[Chorus]
He's Mister Heat Blister
He's Mister Hundred and One
[Heat Miser]
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch
I'm too much!
[All]
Too Much!


Tags:

 

5 Responses to Christmas Series: The Heat Miser

  1. Anonymous Says:
    i heart christmas... i live for this time of the year. one of my favorite christmas memories is sitting around a fire at my grandparents drinking hot cocoa as my grandfather read us chistmas stories... ill never forget those times!
  2. NewYorkMoments Says:
    I LOVE that xmas show!
  3. Dell Gines Says:
    james shoot me an email, I am having problems with the leageu

    dellgines@yahoo.com
  4. dawn Says:
    ohhhh such good memories! Freakin Mr. Heat Miser!!! My brother and i would beg to stay up for that! Every year the same thing! "I'm Mr. Heat Miser"!

    Thanks for the good memory!
  5. Anonymous Says:
    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »