This debate has been brewing for a couple of years now and I really haven’t given it much thought. But in the last couple of weeks it has reared its head on the highest political plain when President Bush stated that he believed in ID. Then yesterday the pastor of the church that I attend pointed out some websites on the subject. Now, I think it is time that I look into it because I have a couple of questions that I would like answered. Now, I realize that I am bias since I do believe in God and I find it hard to believe that everything that we see today is the result of random consequences and an explosion of nothing that turning into something. However, my biblical teaching never accounted for the complexity of the world either. So here are my questions in particular:
1. How does evolution account for the complex nature of life and the missing links that occur in its theory?
2. Does ID recognize any aspect of evolution or does it state that everything that is, has always been?
3. Does ID align itself with the biblical teaching that God created man or does it state that God created the precursor on which life would revolve?
4. What are the flaws of the evolution theory?
5. What are the flaws of the ID theory?
If you can answer any of these then be my guess. I am in the beginning stages of my understanding of the subject.