Football Sunday Talk

Monday Update:

Well, just like I thought, my Fantasy football team got their butts kicked up and down the gridiron this past weekend. I'm sure Nikki will talk some trash - but I'm 2-1 and in good shape to at least make the post-season.

Surprises:

#1: The Jets are a better team than I expected. I had them ranked 31st but clearly they are better than that.

#2: The Bengals are either that good or the Steelers are in trouble. Either way, the Bengals are a very good team and I think only the Ravens will challenge them for the division title.

#3: How bad is Houston? If you watched the game, or saw the highlights, then you saw Portis run right down the middle of the defense for a TD. Was that sad? If you're a Texan fan - then you should run down to your local sporting store and pick up a Bears jersey.

You Still Suck:

#1: The Redskins won, but you still suck.

#2: I was excited to see what you were made of... but after three weeks of looking, I can say that the Arizona Cardinals still suck.

#3: Call me an elitist - but detroit has always been the Chicago wanna-be's of the Midwest. The inhabitants of that city are beneath me. The detroit lions is a garbage can operation not even worth of capitalization.

----------------------------------------
Damn, my Fantasy team sucked today. Not one offensive player scored a TD and not one single defensive player recorded a sack or INT. However, the Bears did win so life is pretty good.

I am now convinced that Arizona is a cursed franchise and Bills are not worthy of my selecting them. But back to the Bears. The Vikings were a big test for them and they proved that they are the best team in the NFC North. Seattle showed a couple of things and the Eagles bounced back as I expected they would. The Giants are for real but the schedule has not been in their favor.

So what are your thoughts on week 3 thus far?

 

11 Responses to Football Sunday Talk

  1. Bushwack Says:
    My thoughts are : FINALLY a win for Carolina, Ugly as it was It is a win and I'll take it.
    The Bear game was a good one, I became a Bear fan today (Because of my youngest son, the Viking fan) and I loved rubbing his nose in that loss...
    Congrats.

    Steelers have some issues.

    I went 9 for 12 in my picks so far, and Denver is looking pretty good.
  2. Dangerfield Says:
    Yo Bush congrats on your boys winning I was routing for them. Also the Redskins one which makes me happy although I still think we stink.

    Damn bush rubbing your own seeds nose in the lose of his favorite team thats kinda heartless
  3. Anonymous Says:
    Yeah Mark you better enjoy this victory because your team won't see many more.

    It goes without saying that my mama could beat the Texans with one hand tied behind her back.
  4. Dangerfield Says:
    rod: It goes without saying that my mama could beat the Texans with one hand tied behind her back.


    mb: No one was braggin about beating the texans I clearly stated that I thought we stink.

    Ill tell you this though the capacity of cowboy fans to be obnoxious is unbelievable.

    It remains to be seen whether or not your team is any good.
  5. Gary Says:
    That win for Carolina meant nothing to me! I played DeAngelo Williams thinking he was coming out... the only thing he came out of was the closet! ZERO points! And the Carolina Panthers (kitten) Defense really stepped up with 4 points! Other than my tight end (3 points), they were the lowest point scorers of my team this week, providing me with a 'L'!
  6. James Manning Says:
    My fantasy team bit the dust this past weekend. Only my kicker, Casey (20 point) did anything worthwhile.

    And my QB situation is really bad. I have Kurt Warner and Big Ben - both sucked this past weekend. My running backs gained a lot of yards but scored no TD's. I put Steve Smith in, good move on my part, but he didn't score so it didn't help.

    Well, it is going into week 4 and I'm going to update my power team rankings next monday. We will see.

    And the Texans do suck so Mark, I concur, your Redskins are still a toliet bowl franchise.

    I'm not sure what's going to happen with the Steelers. They've moved down - and until the Panthers beat a good team, I've knocked them down too.
  7. Anonymous Says:
    Wow Michael Vick and the dirty birds got spanked in the Superdome last night. Someone must have put a super duper whammy on the Dome because the Saints (formerly the Ain't's)wouldn't let Vick get a pass off. And I thought that the Falcons were supposed to be contendors this year.
  8. Anonymous Says:
    J, it looks as if you got spammed.

    And from the 'Lawd Have Mercy' department it has been reported that T.O. attempted to commit suicide by taking 35 prescription pain pills.

    Dude is a soap opera all by himself. Jerry Jones needs his A*S whipped. Any volunteers?
  9. Dangerfield Says:
    @ rod

    Your boy is out of control, that dude dont know what to do with himself.
  10. Anonymous Says:
    Yeah I wish Jerry Jones would pay him TO his money and make him just. go. away.
  11. Anonymous Says:
    Regarding your blog - tiscali adsl. I have just signed up to talktalk broadband and is an absolutely superb deal. I get free telephone calls 24/7 plus free 8Mb/s broadband (which is lightening fast btw). I would definitely recommend talktalk broadband for anyone in the uk. Also available at www.bargainplace.co.uk