What Are You Thinking

I have a new position and I am much busier at work now. But I will shuffle my schedule so I can go back to some regular blogging. I haven't been to different blogs so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

I have some post on politics, friendship and football coming up real soon. By next week, I'll be back to my regular postings.

In the meantime, drop me a comment letting me know what you're thinking:

1. What's your prediction for the upcoming football season?
2. How do you think things are going in Iraq?
3. Are unions the blame for the US auto industry woes?
4. How are the midterm elections shaping up?
5. Bush has a 36% job approval rating - where does your support stand?

 

9 Responses to What Are You Thinking

  1. stuffle Says:
    On question #3, I would blame both unions and management. Unions for continuing to place unrealistic demands on management, and management for caving in to these demands when times were good, leaving them unable to adapt to leaner times.

    I think they are going to have a tough time recovering unless they come up with a way to escape their pension obligations.
  2. Serious Black Says:
    1. I'm a basketball fan.
    2. As expected, terrible. Iraq is just the tip of the iceberg though. It's the wars reprecusion on the our image worldwide that really concerns me.
    3. No, but they may be a part of the problem. The true porblem is that American auto companies failed to provide quality products and lived off of being just American for too long. If the product was better and more reliable Americans would never have paid Japanese cars any attention. It was the auto makers arrogance that damaged there industry.
    4. Got me.
    5. 36% is way to high for this guy. Bush is a coward. It seems like his actions are guided by fear. He's done nothing to lead our nation. He's destroyed our image.
  3. Anonymous Says:
    1. Well it looks as if my prediction that TO would go diva has come true and it's still preseason.

    Someone needs to buy the team from Jerry Jones because he is obviously senile. *sigh*

    2. Things are going to hell in a handbasket and they are only going to get worse the longer we stay.

    3. LOL. The unions are pretty much exstinct. Management is squarely the blame for all of the bad decisions that have been made in the auto industry.

    The workers only produce what they are told to make, and unfortunately it has not been what the American public wants.

    4. If things were right the Democrats would win in a landslide and control the Senate with say one or two seats to spare and win control of Congress with a say five seat margins but with all of the easily-hacked electronic voting machines and few if any voting machines that have paper trails it's doesn't matter how many more votes the Democrats get.

    The Republicans will keep control of all three branches of government by hook and by crook or status quo.

    5. James, you know how I feel about Bush and as the old folks say: if you can't say something good about someone don't say anything at all. *pursing my lips, choking back bad words*
  4. timmer Says:
    1. The Lions will surprise everybody in the NFL just as the Tigers have done in the MLB. Watch out for a revamping of Detroit when they hold all four main titles (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) at once. Never wake me up.

    2. Things are going terrible in the Philippine Insurrection...I mean Iraq.

    3. I blame all auto industry woes on used car sales...the unseen killer of new car sales in a bust economy.

    4. Nothing will change unless Huey Long rises from the grave and starts campaigning for the Dems.

    5. If Bush's aopproval rating is 36%, I suppose that puts me somewhere in the 50th percentile range.
  5. James Manning Says:
    @timmer,

    The Lions? Are you serious? The Lions will be lucky to win 7 games this year. The Bears all the way!!!
  6. Bloviating Zeppelin Says:
    James: I'm with you. No Lions. Nah. Bears? Yeah, pretty good. Packers? ALL THE WAY!

    BZ
  7. James Manning Says:
    Packers... Never.
  8. Dangerfield Says:
    Its all about the Redskins everyday. Ah....Roderick Im the one who first clued you into T.O going starchild.

    Also I do not like bush Im glad the people have finally figured out that he is a turkey.

    Huey Long was corrupt and about Huey first, lets not forget that.

    Go Redskins
  9. timmer Says:
    Corrupt Huey was...indeed...but he did get votes.

    Go Lions!