ALL THINGS FOOTBALL

We're going to have some fun with the upcoming football season. I've created a group for the Pigskin Challenge. It will be much easier to track then last year. Make sure you guys join it.





The Pigskin Challenge

If you were around last year then you know how it works. Each week you will submit your picks for the games. You will get a point for ever correct pick. To make it easier, I created a Group on Yahoo. You can join there by clicking HERE

The name of the group number is 32256 - and the password is: dabears

But for those that don't go through the trouble of joining the group, I'll post the games and on this blog and you can put your picks in the comment area.

The Weekly Rudd Award Nomination

Recap of Dwayne Rudd: In the 2002 season opening contest against the Chiefs, the Browns held a 39-37 lead with time enough for one Kansas City play from about mid-field. Rudd rushed QB Trent Green, and tackled him for an apparent sack to end the game. Rudd removed his helmet in jubilation, but Green fumbled before he was down. The Chiefs recovered the fumble, and Rudd was penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. The penalty put KC in field goal range, and the Chiefs won the game, 40-39.

Every week there is someone that makes a bonehead decision. Well, we're going to track those plays and at the end of the year present the Rudd Award. I can't watch every game so I'm counting on you guys to help me with the nominations. If you see a bonehead play that defies logic, let me know and we'll vote on them at the end of the season.

Football 101

I often hear people say that they can't get into football because they don't understand the game. That excuse will no longer work as I will present some basic elements of the game as well as an understanding the strategies that make football the greatest sport in the world. Stay tuned.

Ok, if you guys have any ideas feel free to present them. This is going to be a great season of football. Get those grills ready gents. It's on.

GO BEARS!!!

 

4 Responses to ALL THINGS FOOTBALL

  1. Bushwack Says:
    James, I like your picks better than the "Experts" I think you have the Bears a few places lower than I have em. I also think the Chargers are going to be better than they are picked. Panthers we agree on (top 4)
    As long as they stay healthy.
    Good luck to your Bears.
    I'll be signing up for your challenge.
  2. Rose Says:
    I used to be a major fan of football when the Rams first started but now I can take it or leave. Preferably to leave it.
  3. Dangerfield Says:
    The Redskins suck, they have gotten thier cans spanked 3 straight weeks. Woe is me, us Skins people are in for a very long season.
  4. Blogger Says:
    There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It has been said that any bettor needs to look at this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.