Weekend Roundup

Father's Day Gifts and Black Men in V-Neck Sweaters.

#1 Father's Day Gifts

My Father’s Day weekend is off to a good start. Jaimie and mini-mom hooked a brother up. You see, I’m an easy guy to shop for. Any gift shopping for me starts with Home Depot or Best Buy. So, Jaimie and mini-up did right by me and now I have two new toys to add to the garage.

3/8’’ Variable Speed Drill/Driver


D40K
Features:
• Powerful 4.5 amp motor for various applications
• Variable speed, reversing trigger for drilling and driving requirements
• 2 built-in levels for accurate horizontal and vertical operations

Specifications:
• Input: 120 volts AC, 4.5 amps
• RPM: 0-1,400
• Chuck Capacity: 1/16"-3/8"
• Wood Capacity: 1”
• Metal Capacity: 3/8”
• Weight: 3.75 lbs.

Includes:
• Drill (D40)
• Custom carrying case


7 1/4" Skilsaw™ #5400-01


• Two Point Line of Sight Cut straight lines with ease
• Safety Lock/ Guard Trigger Minimizes accidental starts

Weight (lbs.) 11.8
Rating 12 A
Voltage 120 V
Max. Motor HP 2.3 HP
No Load RPM 4600/ min
Depth of Cut at 45 Deg. 49mm max cut
Arbor Size 5/8 Round
Cord Length (ft.) 6
Depth of Cut at 90 Deg. 62mm max cut
Blade Diameter 7 1/4"




You can't beat getting gifts like this.


#2 Do white men look better than black men in V-Neck Sweaters?

Neil posted this observation on Jaimie’s blog. It got me thinking about doing some research.

I don't think I'd look very good in a V-Neck sweater. And there are very few brothers that can pull that type of look off. Isaac Hayes certainly couldn't, but I imagine Colin Powell could. And that is the basis of my research.

The Theory: The only black men that look good in V-Neck sweaters are either light-skinned or Republican.

The pigmentation level of a black man is proportional to said black man’s ability to dawn a V-Neck sweater? In conjunction, I will set the premise that Isaac Hayes is the coolest motherfuckin’ black man on the face of the planet. Since I have already concluded that Isaac Hayes could not possibly sport a V-Neck sweater because of his pigmentation and his level of coolness, I can hypothesize that the further a black man is away from Isaac Hayes on the “coolness & color scale”, the closer he is to Colin Powell. Since Colin Powell is both light-skinned and Republican, it is safe to assume that a black man with either attribute (light-skinned or Republican) will look good in a V-Neck sweater.

Tune in next Friday to see the results. Have a good weekend.


 

10 Responses to Weekend Roundup

  1. Diane S. Says:
    "In conjunction, I will set the premise that Isaac Hayes is the coolest motherfuckin’ black man on the face of the planet. Since I have already concluded that Isaac Hayes could not possibly sport a V-Neck sweater because of his pigmentation and his level of coolness, I can hypothesize that the further a black man is away from Isaac Hayes on the “coolness & color scale”, the closer he is to Colin Powell."

    Oh my god. Laughing my ass off. Thanks James. Hope you get some cool tools for Father's Day!
  2. Bushwack Says:
    Ouch Diane, LOL though.
    I know being a white guy in a "V" neck would probably catch me a good butt whoopin from my friends.

    You can't put an earing on a pig and call it an improvement.
  3. Another Conflict Theorist Says:
    Man, I don't care WHAT color their skin is...as long as they don't wear a V-neck with a crew neck undershirt. Jesus!
  4. Neil Says:
    Hi there, James --

    I really appreciate your website because it is one of the few places on the blogosphere where people of all colors can talk about the important racial issues of the day openly and without recrimination.

    For instance, the nagging issue of v-neck sweaters.

    While I believe that deep down, all men are created equally, the honest truth is that white men do look better in v-neck sweaters.

    Here is a typical white man wearing a v-neck sweater. Look how comfortable and trendy he looks.

    Here is a black man in a v-neck sweater. Uncool, and definitely a Republican.

    I think the answer to your question is pretty clear.

    And congrats on the drill and the Skilsaw. Very sexy stuff.
  5. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    06 18 06

    Well well well it sounds like you have returned and in FULL force! Sounds like you aren't holding back anymore. GOOOOOOOOD:) So do you think that all Scientologists are cool and don't look good in Vnecks or just Mr. Hayes? hehehehehe ahhahahahah:) Good to see you back:)
  6. Little Miss Chatterbox Says:
    Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!
  7. fallen angel Says:
    i think black men look especially delicious when wearing all black or all white or any color for that matter. thus, i concur that a black man would look equally delectable in a black v-neck sweater--but, uh, not in the summertime! ;)
    ~fallen angel
  8. Bushwack Says:
    James, Guess what my wife got me, A "V" neck sweater.
    I'm going to catch an ass whoopin from the boys.
  9. James Manning Says:
    Bush... NOOOOOOOOO.... I know you're white but you know to many brothers and you're not Republican enough to pull it off properly.
  10. Diane S. Says:
    So James,

    What Did You Get????