Weekend Roundup

Father's Day Gifts and Black Men in V-Neck Sweaters.

#1 Father's Day Gifts

My Father’s Day weekend is off to a good start. Jaimie and mini-mom hooked a brother up. You see, I’m an easy guy to shop for. Any gift shopping for me starts with Home Depot or Best Buy. So, Jaimie and mini-up did right by me and now I have two new toys to add to the garage.

3/8’’ Variable Speed Drill/Driver


D40K
Features:
• Powerful 4.5 amp motor for various applications
• Variable speed, reversing trigger for drilling and driving requirements
• 2 built-in levels for accurate horizontal and vertical operations

Specifications:
• Input: 120 volts AC, 4.5 amps
• RPM: 0-1,400
• Chuck Capacity: 1/16"-3/8"
• Wood Capacity: 1”
• Metal Capacity: 3/8”
• Weight: 3.75 lbs.

Includes:
• Drill (D40)
• Custom carrying case


7 1/4" Skilsaw™ #5400-01


• Two Point Line of Sight Cut straight lines with ease
• Safety Lock/ Guard Trigger Minimizes accidental starts

Weight (lbs.) 11.8
Rating 12 A
Voltage 120 V
Max. Motor HP 2.3 HP
No Load RPM 4600/ min
Depth of Cut at 45 Deg. 49mm max cut
Arbor Size 5/8 Round
Cord Length (ft.) 6
Depth of Cut at 90 Deg. 62mm max cut
Blade Diameter 7 1/4"




You can't beat getting gifts like this.


#2 Do white men look better than black men in V-Neck Sweaters?

Neil posted this observation on Jaimie’s blog. It got me thinking about doing some research.

I don't think I'd look very good in a V-Neck sweater. And there are very few brothers that can pull that type of look off. Isaac Hayes certainly couldn't, but I imagine Colin Powell could. And that is the basis of my research.

The Theory: The only black men that look good in V-Neck sweaters are either light-skinned or Republican.

The pigmentation level of a black man is proportional to said black man’s ability to dawn a V-Neck sweater? In conjunction, I will set the premise that Isaac Hayes is the coolest motherfuckin’ black man on the face of the planet. Since I have already concluded that Isaac Hayes could not possibly sport a V-Neck sweater because of his pigmentation and his level of coolness, I can hypothesize that the further a black man is away from Isaac Hayes on the “coolness & color scale”, the closer he is to Colin Powell. Since Colin Powell is both light-skinned and Republican, it is safe to assume that a black man with either attribute (light-skinned or Republican) will look good in a V-Neck sweater.

Tune in next Friday to see the results. Have a good weekend.


 

9 Responses to Weekend Roundup

  1. Diane S. Says:
    "In conjunction, I will set the premise that Isaac Hayes is the coolest motherfuckin’ black man on the face of the planet. Since I have already concluded that Isaac Hayes could not possibly sport a V-Neck sweater because of his pigmentation and his level of coolness, I can hypothesize that the further a black man is away from Isaac Hayes on the “coolness & color scale”, the closer he is to Colin Powell."

    Oh my god. Laughing my ass off. Thanks James. Hope you get some cool tools for Father's Day!
  2. Bushwack Says:
    Ouch Diane, LOL though.
    I know being a white guy in a "V" neck would probably catch me a good butt whoopin from my friends.

    You can't put an earing on a pig and call it an improvement.
  3. Another Conflict Theorist Says:
    Man, I don't care WHAT color their skin is...as long as they don't wear a V-neck with a crew neck undershirt. Jesus!
  4. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    06 18 06

    Well well well it sounds like you have returned and in FULL force! Sounds like you aren't holding back anymore. GOOOOOOOOD:) So do you think that all Scientologists are cool and don't look good in Vnecks or just Mr. Hayes? hehehehehe ahhahahahah:) Good to see you back:)
  5. Dionne Says:
    Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!
  6. Angel Says:
    i think black men look especially delicious when wearing all black or all white or any color for that matter. thus, i concur that a black man would look equally delectable in a black v-neck sweater--but, uh, not in the summertime! ;)
    ~fallen angel
  7. Bushwack Says:
    James, Guess what my wife got me, A "V" neck sweater.
    I'm going to catch an ass whoopin from the boys.
  8. James Manning Says:
    Bush... NOOOOOOOOO.... I know you're white but you know to many brothers and you're not Republican enough to pull it off properly.
  9. Diane S. Says:
    So James,

    What Did You Get????