Random thoughts Monday

Blame it all on Gay folks –

As predicted, the Righties are pulling out their heavy ammunition just in time for the fall elections. Here we are dealing with healthcare, bird flu, deficits, the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, Immigration, gas prices, inflation worries, outsourcing, national security, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, border security and executive power debate – and what does Bush want to roll out? A ban on gay marriage!!! Un-freakin-believable.

I knew Karl Rove was out to put the wool over the heads of the GOP’s base, but I didn’t think they do it with this issue.

Freedom is what Freedom does

I really don’t understand the idea of burning the flag but I’m not for banning the silliness of it.

NBA Finals

Miami vs. Dallas doesn’t sound right to me. I don’t care about either team and I don’t hate either enough to really care one way or the other. Any predictions?


Summer Movie Shock

I find it hard to believe that the little chick-flick/romantic comedy, The Break-Up beat X-Men at the box office. I know Jaimie wants to see it but I’m not that interested in seeing it. What I have noticed that there are not a lot of movies to choose from so far this summer. After X-Men, there is nothing else out there worth my hard-earned cash.

 

8 Responses to Random thoughts Monday

  1. James Manning Says:
    Damn... that's messed up Jaimie... But just know that Miami Vice is coming out later this summer. We'll be there.


    Oh, and I'm glad you've been release from the WWW Prison Camp.
  2. Anonymous Says:
    "X-men" was such a sad little movie. That was one of the few times in the last ten years I've wanted my money back. And I saw "Baby Geniuses 2"!

    The Little General is a good guy, and I'd love to see him get another ring. But I'm also a converted Shaq guy--and Dwayne Wayne is the truth, even though he married Whitley Gilbert. So, I'm torn. I just hope it's a good series.
  3. Dave Miller Says:
    James, I just want to focus on a couple of points you brought up.

    1. I hope the Mavs win. But this is more my anti Shaq feelings than anything else.

    2. Sorry to hear ya have to see the chick flick.

    And finally, number 3. I have been waiting for someone to comment on the Spawn and his minions. If the definition of political is not wasting time on potential laws that not even your own party will support, then I do not what is. I am not going to sit here and say the Dems are saints, because we all know better than that. So let's not hear that since the Dems have done it, will do it, or are doing it, that Bush and the GOP are somehow justified.

    I am paying $3.40 a gallon for gas. Since my wife has a preexisting condition, health insurance will cost me $1200.00 a month and I have to wait a year after paying that to use it. Soldiers are dying everyday in Iraq. Iran and Korea are either sitting on nukes or already have them. New Orleans is getting ready to drown again, and there is no solution to our immigration issue.

    But hey, let's work on a bill that has no chance of ever becoming law. Brilliant political move.

    I would hope even your conservative readers could see through this. Great Presidential leadership.
  4. nosthegametoo Says:
    I'm looking for Miami to take the title.
  5. P Says:
    I think Miami's going to rock the house.

    Wonder what Kobe & Co, otherwise known as the laKers feel about that.

    Can you feel the Heat? The Heat is ON!

    I liken how I feel about the laKers demise to the tune of "Under the Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

    Sometimes I feel like we don't have a center

    Sometimes I feel like Kobe Bryant

    Screwed up the LA laKers, in the city of Angels. .

    Lonely as I am, together we'll cry. . .
  6. Anonymous Says:
    Hey, dave, I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

    As for Smirk maybe he will don his Yale cheerleader's uniform and invite his college 'roommate' and fellow cheerleader Victor Ashe to rally the troops on the gay marriage debate.

    http://www.divisiontheory.com/

    Click on the link 'antichrist' then scroll down to No. 8 BUSH IS SEXUALLY PERVERTED


    Let's hope Gonzales doesn't see this and shut you down, James. *veg*
  7. stuffle Says:
    After X-Men, there is nothing else out there worth my hard-earned cash

    Cars...

    Other than that, I'll save my cash for the Brewer's games (even though their pitching staff is total crap right now).
  8. Anonymous Says:
    OMG. First Cyn is taking a three month hiatus to write her thesis and now I'm losing my boy. What's a liberal like me to do?

    Well James I hope that you get everything straight so you can rejoin us in fighting the good fight against the forces from the dark side aka conservatives *veg*