A New Career... Shutting Down My Blog

I've decided that it is time for a career change. After visiting LMC's blog today and seeing Timothy comment on this picture:




It has occurred to me that I should become a romance novelist. I know what you're thinking... "WTF!!" Yes, it will be a dramatic departure from my normal material but I really think I can do it. I truly believe I have the imagination, creativity and passion to become an inspiring author in the romance novel industry.

Since this will take some time, I am shutting down the blog until the first book is complete. I don't expect to be gone no more than a few hours but I suspect that you, my loyal readers, will miss me tremendously as I embark on this new path.

Fear not, I shall return and you, my loyal readers, will have the first opportunity to read an except from my new romance novel, "Midnight Booty Clap". Wish me luck.

Inspired by: This Post on LMC

 

7 Responses to A New Career... Shutting Down My Blog

  1. Anonymous Says:
    LOL. Good Luck, if anyone can do it, it is you...
  2. Anonymous Says:
    Midnight Booty Clap? Well, that's not the romance novel I had evisioned when I saw the picture, but... I guess if you think it will sell... just remember, according to my mother, who has gone on... to be a successful romance novel writer, you must include the line... "he brushed up against her, sending chills through her body, it was only for a moment, but she knew right then and there, she wanted to be with this masculine hunk of boiling testorone..."

    Well, OK, that was a bit over the top. But it's the part about brushing up against the woman...

    And remember Jack Nicolson's line in As Good as it Gets when asked how he writes like a woman...

    "I think like a man, but then remove all logic, reason and the reality of consequences..." or something like that.
    Blessings
  3. James Manning Says:
    Thanks Tim, I might try to find a way to fit those lines in the book.
  4. Bushwack Says:
    James, Come on man Romance novels?
    Dude, stick to what you know. You know politics,Race,religion you don't have a clue about romance (You are a man right?) LOL

    I hope you are joking about shutting down, I was just begining to like you a little.
  5. timmer Says:
    Four hours? Try 15 minutes.


    Hilarious stuff, dude.
  6. Dionne Says:
    LOL :-))) You crack me up as always. I'm glad I can inspire a new career for you.

    Timothy:
    You're asking for trouble quoting the line about women not having logic and reason :-). And I can testify that there are a lot of men without proper logic. I have a friend who's husband is logic challenged!!
  7. Anonymous Says:
    Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »