Bush: The Devil Speaks

I was over on Dell Gines’ blog ranting a raving about Bush and I thought, I haven’t written much about that devil in a while. Actually, I was having fun ignoring him but he’s going to address the nation tonight so I’d like to perform a pre-emptive strike and let you know about the lying sack of human feces we call President.

#1 Terrorist Surveillance Program: Sounds really good doesn’t it? In fact, it sounds too good for a the leader of the Murderous Republcana Reich to come up with. Well, he didn’t. Right wing kooks from NewsMax.com coined the slogan on New Years Day. Our brain dead, untreated alcoholic, cocaine sniffing President didn’t use the term until February 6th.

Oh, and what of the lies he told about the so-called Terrorist Surveillance Program.

Shortly after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Bush authorized the National Security Agency to carry out warrantless eavesdropping on the communications of U.S. residents — an apparent violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Yet, at an April 20, 2004, “conversation on the USA Patriot Act” in Buffalo, New York — after the warrantless eavesdropping program had been in effect for at least two years — Bush stated:

BUSH: Secondly, there are such things as roving wiretaps. Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires — a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we’re talking about chasing down terrorists, we’re talking about getting a court order before we do so. It’s important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act, constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution. LInk: SOURCE

QUESTION: In 2004, when you were doing an event about the Patriot Act, in your remarks you had said that any wiretapping required a court order, and that nothing had changed. Given that we now know you had prior approval for this NSA program, were you in any way misleading?

BUSH: I was talking about roving wiretaps, I believe, involved in the Patriot Act. This is different from the NSA program. The NSA program is a necessary program. I was elected to protect the American people from harm.


He can really lay some big ones cant he. Well, we now know that he was lying because it has come to our attention that the government is collecting millions of phone numbers for the purpose running them through an algorithm to determine if there are any connections to terrorist. Now, correct me if I’m wrong but in order for them to connect a phone number to a terrorist, they’d need the phone number of at least one terrorist suspect, right? And if you have that number, why not just track that suspect’s calls and save time and not circumvent the law? But when you have a man with the brains of pea pod, you just can’t expect much.

Adding insult to injury, it is now known that the government is tracking the phone calls of journalist:

Federal official says US tracking calls made by ABC News, New York Times, Washington Post A senior federal law enforcement official tells ABC News the
government is tracking the phone numbers we call in an effort to root out Confidential sources.

“It’s time for you to get some new cell phones, quick,” the source told us in an in-person conversation. We do not know how the government determined who we are calling, or whether our phone records were provided to the government as part of the recently-disclosed NSA collection of domestic phone calls.

Other sources have told us that phone calls and contacts by reporters for ABC News, along with the New York Times and the Washington Post, are being examined as part of a widespread CIA leak investigation.

One former official was asked to sign a document stating he was not a confidential source for New York Times reporter James Risen. Our reports on the CIA’s secret prisons in Romania and Poland were known to have upset CIA officials. SOURCE


One of the cornerstones of a Democracy is a free press. We already know that President Bush doesn’t believe this. After all, rather than tout the benefits of his No Child Left Behind bill in the press. He paid Armstrong Williams to do it for him. I’m sure spying on the press will put a nice chill over those anonyms tips. And the less Americans know what their government is doing the better off we are.

Golly gee I wish I could stop now but I haven’t even gotten into the hypocrisy of this administration. Let’s take tonight’s speech. He’s sending 5000 National Guard troops to the border for support. That sounds like some well armed secretaries if you ask me. But here is the thing, the 2006 budget called for 9790 new border patrol agents. But when the Bush puke revealed their budget, it only added funding for 210 new agents. SOURCE

Well, there you have it, another addition to the Chronicles of Bush Bashing. You will notice the counter to the right.

 

9 Responses to Bush: The Devil Speaks

  1. timmer Says:
    man, I love that counter...
  2. Diane S. Says:
    I'm always happy to see you Bush bashing. You do it so well.

    I'm rather envious of that counter. I tried to install a counter of my own on my blog, but I must have done it wrong, because all my right margin stuff got dumped down to the bottom of the blog. I haven't debugged it yet.

    It seems that our fair president has decided that there is no evil for which the National Guard is not a solution. Have a war and don't have enough troops? Send in the guard! Have a hurricane and can't restore order or deliver aid? Send in the guard! Have an immigration problem and want to secure your borders? Don't get more border agents, send in the guard!

    The only problem is that Bush has failed to notice that guard enlistment is at an all time low. I happen to think the Guard is the personification of all that is good and noble about public service, but Bush has pushed these men (and women) beyond their limit. To sign up for the guard is to sign up to fulfill the whims of a president whose madness runs rampant.

    The good news? Even the republicans in congress have started turning on Bush like a snitch in a penitentiary. His ability to get any of his programs passed in the next two years is almost laughable.

    The bad news, the Republicans in Congress are coming up with plenty of bad ideas on their own, and they're likely to get them passed.

    The elections (2006 & 2008) can't come soon enough. That is, if we have a candidate. And I'm yet to find one.
  3. Anonymous Says:
    Russ Feingold maybe, Diane?
  4. Anonymous Says:
    I was over on Dell Gines’ blog ranting a raving about Bush and I thought, I haven’t written much about that devil in a while.

    I don't know why but I LOL at the last line every time I read it. Maybe because it's such a simple truth.
  5. Cynthia Says:
    I thought your objectivity about Bush has shifted to accommodate a wider reading audience. This is an excellent piece of Bush Bashing.

    At least more people are dissatisfied with him now. But, with the Government stacked the way it is, I don't know how much better things will be without Bush. And now that the Republicans have another hot button topic with the immigration issue that has been created by somebody for some purpose, we may have another Bush elected to the White House if they manage to appear like they have saved the American public from those pesky Mexicans because this I think this will revitalize an old platform, or maybe this is the new platform. I hope I’m wrong
  6. Anonymous Says:
    I'm sorry to post all of these short notes but I ran across this article about Bush's possibly being the AntiChrist and I couldn't resist posting it. The article includes Bush's involvement with the Skull and Crossbones organization at Yale. Unfortunately Kerry is a member also. I knew this before the 2004 elections so I didn't see any hope that Kerry presidency would have been that much different.

    http://www.divisiontheory.com/
  7. James Manning Says:
    Cynthia,

    My opinion of Bush has never changed. I can't stand him. but I didn't have anything to rant about because it was the same news every day and there was no point.
  8. Anonymous Says:
    I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »
  9. Anonymous Says:
    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »