I've Been Nominated!!!!

After all of these months of blogging with a fiery passion, I have finally been recognized as being among the best. DDOT has nominated me for the “Best Humor Blog” category and it is certainly a privilege. I’m not sure if I’ll win, but just black folks and the Oscars, just getting you name mentioned is cause for celebration.

In light of this honor, I’ve gathered all of my funny stuff and placed them on the sidebar so you too can enjoy what millions of other readers… give or take a million, have come to expect from my little corner of the blogosphere. “The Funny Stuff” category is now available.

I do have a question, however. How does one earn his lot in the blogosphere? I am defined in drastically different fashions on different blogs. Let’s take a look shall we.

Chronicles of Chatterbox’s label: Favorite Liberal/Comedian
Diane’s label: Funny, Thought Provoking and Damn Well Written
Kansas Scott’s label: Radical Friend
Mahndisa’s label: Future Mad TV or SNL writer. I cannot stop laughing every time!
Domite’s label: Hands Down the Funniest blog on the net!

Questions to Ponder:
1. What is your impression of my blog?
2. In what category would you place it?
3. In what category would you place your blog?
4. Does your idea of your blog jive with the impressions that others have?

Bonus Material: While you are working on those questions, check out this video clip of Fox News. It is some of the best work I've ever seen. Brought to you by the blog, Crooks and Liars.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO

 

11 Responses to I've Been Nominated!!!!

  1. Dionne Says:
    I'm going to ignore the video :-). Thanks for the link and I think you're hilarious (as you know) and you're just a plain nice guy.
  2. stuffle Says:
    What is your impression of my blog?

    Pretty cool... Well, except for the Bush bashing... :)

    In what category would you place it?

    Misc Topics O' the Day...

    General Bar-room Discussions...

    etc.

    In what category would you place your blog?

    Same, just with a slightly different political view... :) Oh, and less humor...

    Does your idea of your blog jive with the impressions that others have?

    Hope so...
  3. Unknown Says:
    1. My impression of your blog? The funny bits are off the wall hilarious. I stumbled on to your blog through a right winger site a few weeks ago so I haven't really read much of your archived stuff. On the flip side, though, you put some real thought provoking posts/discussions out there as well (such as the bible posts recently). Random goodness is a great thing, I think.

    2. What catagory? Um... potpourri? A little politics, a little humor, a little soul. It's all good.

    3. My blog... left wing lunacy at its best.. along with a morbid fascination with Chuck Norris.

    4. Writing is like making music. You write what you like and if other people enjoy it, that's great. If they don't get it, that's okay too.
  4. James Manning Says:
    Thanks folks.

    Chasin, I was going to ask you about that Chuck Norris thing. I just figured you were either disturbed or stalking the man so I left it alone. It's some funny stuff.
  5. Dell Gines Says:
    I'm going to vote right now.

    1. What is your impression of my blog?
    It is great, diverse, and you have really picked up the pace. Excellent A+

    2. In what category would you place it?
    If there was an all around category I would put it in there.

    3. In what category would you place your blog?

    I don't know. I just do it and let others define it.

    4. Does your idea of your blog jive with the impressions that others have?

    LOL, I am not sure what impressions others have. But I know I ran near all the white people and women away with the exception of two that I can think of. Maybe my blog is the black male debate blog.
  6. Peace Says:
    I nominated you in 2 categories! Your blog is great! Good luck!
  7. Cynthia Says:
    1. What is your impression of my blog?

    I think your blog is more accommodating than it used to be. You use to be hard-core. You used to present so much information about the government it was astounding. I think with the increase in popularity is directly related to the accommodating tone of your blog these days. I love your Jimmy cartoons. They are priceless...

    2. In what category would you place it?

    It used to be political, now I would say it is a hodgepodge of moderate liberal entertainment.

    3. In what category would you place your blog?
    My blog has changed. I think my blog is a social hodgepodge of something, who knows?

    4. Does your idea of your blog jive with the impressions that others have?

    I don't know...

    All in all, I would be remiss if I didn't say that I think your blog is one of the best out there in terms of balance and consistency.
  8. James Manning Says:
    Thanks Cynt, I think I have calmed down a bit but that's because I find Bush uninteresting. I think I'll start on the religious topics more. They spark debate outside of political alignments - and there is so much to debate.
  9. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    01 12 06

    Hey there James: I feel you are totally funny and nominated you for best humorous blog on DDOT's site. You should get an agent. Ha! :)
  10. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    01 12 06
    Oops, let me answer your questions:
    1. What is your impression of my blog?
    Intelligent person with a great sense of humor. Person is very open minded and accomodating, but with strong opinions against GWB and the current GOP, yet can concede Dem flaws too.
    2. In what category would you place it?
    Comedy, political satire, situation comdey (for the cat chronicles!), Biased towards the left.
    3. In what category would you place your blog?
    I don't know; I think ethics and morality with a bit of physics is accurate, although could be spun better too.

    4. Does your idea of your blog jive with the impressions that others have?
    I don't know. I haven't been too introspective about my blog, except for the articles and the sidebar maintenance. I write out my feelings and analyze the comments, but hadn't figured out how it jibes with other blogs. I think blogging is unique for each person.
    Good questions James:)
  11. Mr. Grey Ghost Says:
    James

    1. I like the variety within your blog and your willingness to be open to opinions that differ from yours. It reminds me of a lounge with a very comfy feel to it.

    2. First I had you in my general/recommended reads section, but then switched you to "On The Left" for obvious reasons.

    3. I EAT LIBERALS FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH & DINNER.

    4. The most important aspect for me with my blog was making sure my theme of highlighting liberal terrorism was consistent and I think I've done that. Whether anyone disgrees with me or not, my liberal angst should always remain clear, precise and heartfelt.

    Keep up the good work.