VH1 Hip Hop Honors 2005

The VH1 Hip Hop Honors was one of the better shows that I've seen. It moved rather fast and that is a good thing. If you want a run down of the entire show, visit Butta's blog. She has a nice review.

What I really enjoyed were the performances by the actual honorees. Although some of the artist did a good job - there was nothing like seeing the orginal artist perform their classics. Salt N Pepa killed it but it was Big Daddy Kane that rocked it the hardest. My man actually did a split. You still got it Kane!

I wasn't feeling the tribute to Biggie. Something about it seemed anti-climatic. It was a buzz kill. This was suppose to be a celebration and going from watching Big Daddy Kane dancing to watching a choir in black robes seemed - morbid.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the 2006 show. I'd like to see them honor Sugar Hill Gang, Dougie Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew, Public Enemy, NWA, Boogie Down Production and Erik B and Rakim.

Russell Simmons and Rev. Run


I'm not sure if this is the look Nelly was looking for.

T.I. performs a Big Daddy Kane classic



Melle Mel and his jailhouse fashion statement.


From the Roots. He never talks but he can play those drums.



The Honored Boyz n the Hood - A classic.



Common got his "Beat Street" on last night.



En Vogue. I use to love 'em.



Eve is such a cutie.



O.G. - Original Gangsta.



Big Daddy Kane (before)



Kane (After) - And he can still do the damn thang.



LL Cool J - I remember when I use to rock this look.

Uncle L or should we call him Lil Melle Mel. I aint mad at ya L... Go ahead and do the damn thang.



Salt n Pepa back in the day.
Salt N Pepa, now. And they are still hot!!!

Nia Long is too fine for her own good. Oh yea, and that's Anthony Anderson next to her.

 

1 Response to VH1 Hip Hop Honors 2005

  1. chase Says:
    Anthony looks like he dropped some weight huh? and nia is fine, but she could have covered them nipples, lol.