TV Dads & Their Loot

I saw this link on the salaries of TV Dads on another blog and I found it very interesting. As I read through the list to find where Philip Banks and Fred G. Sanford fell, I notice that the salaries didn’t really live up to the perception the shows tried to make. For instance, didn’t it seem like Mike Brady was living pretty well? He had six kids, a housekeeper and a stay-at-home wife. But in today’s figure, Mike Brady was only making $44,000 a year. What man sets his family up like the Brady Bunch was set up on $44,000 a year? Mike was dealing.

Now let’s take a look at Al Bundy. He had a nice house in a Chicago suburb with a stay-at-home wife. His salary would be $25,000 a year. It is evident why he drove a ’67 Dodge, but he was dealing on the side too. And I’m not sure if Phil Banks could afford to live in Bel Air on $146,000 a year. I might be wrong. I’ll have to do some more research on that.

But I really feel bad for the bottom three: John Walton of the Waltons, Tony Micelli (Who’s the Boss) and bringing up the rear, James Evans (Good Times). They had the brother at $0. I know he didn’t make a lot of money be the man was working – but he was always getting laid off. They could have at least calculated his unemployment payments. The big dawgs were Blake Carrington (Dynasty), JR Ewing (Dallas) and Phillip Drummand (Diff’rent Strokes). That third one surprised me. I didn’t know Phil had it so good.

Where the Black Fathers Fall:

  • 5 George Jefferson - The Jeffersons (1975-85) CEO Jefferson Cleaners $555,702
  • 12 Heathcliff Huxtable - The Cosby Show (1984-92) Obstetrician $237,932
  • 17 Philip Banks - Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-96) Judge $146,000
  • 40 Carl Winslow - Family Matters (1989-98) Police Officer $48,000
  • 56 Fred G. Sanford - Sanford and Son (1972-77) Junk Dealer $27,950
  • 60 James Evans, Sr. - Good Times (1974-79) Unemployed $0

  •  

    0 Responses to TV Dads & Their Loot