It's Official: I Won't Support Hillary

I thought about this long and hard and I’ve come to the conclusion that I will not support Hillary Clinton for President unless Barak Obama is her running mate. This is a matter of principle because her campaign has systematically destroyed the excitement that our Party had. We were happy with all three candidates and would support whoever pulled off the nomination. But after Iowa, Hillary panicked and took to gutter politics.

With Rudy Giuliani out of the race, I have no stern opposition to any Republican candidate. I think any of them will be better than Bush and I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Also, I’m not about to vote for the lesser of two evils crap.

We have already seen that hatred for a candidate does not eclipse the apathy a Party has for its own nominee. That is why the Conservatives distrust of McCain will dampen the impact of their hatred for Mrs. Clinton. The Democrats were a lock for this election cycle and the Clintons destroyed.

Unless they do some serious outreach, they will not get my support come November.

 

6 Responses to It's Official: I Won't Support Hillary

  1. Sharon shares Says:
    James, I am with you on this tip for sure. Billary's politicking has ticked me the hell off and that's a shame b/c mine was a vote she might have had six months ago.

    I am a staunch Obama supporter at this point as my thoughts are that the difference in the various platforms is not significantly widespread enough to matter in most of the issues that are most pertinent to me. However, Obama has a visionary component to his candidacy that I believe is the essence of who he is and for that reason primarily, he has been able to stimulate a vigor for this election in me that I have not felt since working on the Dukakis/Ferraro campaign in college...ooooh, I dated myself didn't I? :) Additionally and maybe even more impactful on me is the way Obama excites those of my son's generation (he is 18). Though I was always eager to participate in the electoral process and couldn't wait to turn 18, that was not the experience of most of the contemporaries I came of age with. My son and his friends on the other hand spend a tremendous amount of time talking the campaign, discussing the issues, and volunteering for the candidates of their choice. THAT is why I believe Obama with our support can change this country -- I believe it because he already has.

    P.S. In the event that he does not secure the Democratic nomination, I fear that a spot on the ticket as Hill's running mate would be nearly impossible as I don't believe that someone with visionary skills such as Obama could be fulfilled working with someone as limited as Hillary is proving herself to be...
  2. James Manning Says:
    Sharan,

    You are so correct on the limited vision on Hillary. But there are two things in her favor with selecting Obama. First, the Republicans are not putting up a strong candidate and the Party as a whole is not all that excited about any particular person. Apathy of the GOP coupled with the excited that Obama would bring to the ticket is a lock to the White House.

    Now, there is the danger of having a woman and a minority on the ticket at the same time being too much for white America but I don't even think sexism/racism would be enough to stop them.
  3. nosthegametoo Says:
    As one of those truly few and far between undecided voters, I couldn't be more disappointed with this election. To me, it's worse than 2000 when the nation had to pick Bush or Gore; two non-choices in my book.

    I'm certainly not excited for the prospect of another Clinton presidency. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't vote for her.

    And while I disagree with a lot of Senator Obama's views, I could possibly vote for him. Although, I have my doubts about him getting the nomination. It seems to me that he plays very poorly among the Hispanic/Mexican community for some reason, which may hurt him dearly in Texas, California and the Southwest. And he may not have that strong a showing in New York.

    I'm concerned about Gov. Romney's business dealings, and where his interests lay. He seems to say just about anything, including telling us he was a hunter when he's not (why lie about that to start off your campaign?).

    McCain doesn't seem like he would be the wrost President, but I'm not all that thrilled with him.

    Ah well... maybe I'll just flip a coin this time, or close my eyes and pick.
  4. All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo Says:
    nice blog. chk me out one day if u can, maybe we can exchange links, here are some sample post. (the midas touch) .. (poor mr or mrs next president) and
    penchant 4 commitment and this THANK WE FREE
  5. Dave Miller Says:
    James, we have already caucused over here in Nevada, and while we didn't get it done, Obama got more delegates here than Hillary.

    My worry today is two fold. First, there may not have been enough time for him to catch up and pass Clinton. Clearly there has been a groundswell of support, but time is a factor. Second. the folks who have already voted in states like California. People like to go with a winner and if they voted as recently as two weeks ago in that state, they went for Hillary.

    But I am hopeful. Jason, I be interested in hearing what specifically it is you are looking for in a candidate. Honestly, the four main candidates all look pretty good, and if not, there is always Ron Paul.
  6. Dionne Says:
    You and I are in the same place but on different sides of the aisle. I haven't decided yet whether I will vote for McCain or not. If he picks Huckabee for his VP, I will definitely not be voting for them. I never, ever thought I'd be saying something like this but I never thought I would have such an awful pick.