Thinking of Light

Thinking of the Light

I removed yesterday’s post because it is now time for me to move forward. I want to thank you guys for the encouraging messages and know that I appreciate it. But I exposed myself for the moment and now it’s time for some growth. In 1John 1:5-6 it reads:

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

This is about keeping it real. I say I believe in God, yet I walk in darkness. I lie. I lie because darkness is easy to comprehend. There are no mistakes in darkness because you don’t know where you’re going. How can you go in the wrong direction if you don’t know in which direction you travel? In light, the path is evident. So if I see the path, and decide to stray from the path, I know that I am living a lie.

What happened to me wasn’t about death… it was not wanting to leave the darkness and have the responsibility of that comes from living in the light. I liken to the time when my grandmother would come into the room and pull the curtains back. In an instance, the sun filled the room and the only thing I wanted to do was pull the covers over my head. I didn’t want the responsibility of getting to school on time, doing my chores or studying. But I got up – every day I rose out of that bed and I studied, I did my chores and I made it to school on time. As comfortable as that darkness was, it was what happened in the light that sustained me and prepared me for life.

A man’s spirituality is no different. Darkness cannot add substance to a man’s soul. My path has been shown to me and now I must take responsibility for walking it.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1John 5:7

 

12 Responses to Thinking of Light

  1. Cynthia Says:
    James: I was thinking about your last post and I'm so glad you removed it. It good to see you are making steps in the right direction...
  2. That Girl Tam Says:
    I agree with Cynthia...even taking small steps in the right direction is far better than taking NO steps in ANY direction. I hope that your relationship with God allows you to find the strength to push past this period. You and Jaimie both will be in my prayers.

    Be well...
  3. James Manning Says:
    Yes,

    I thought about it this morning and I don't want to keep coming back to that. Keep on keepin' on.
  4. joannmski Says:
    Glad to see that things are better!

    But, if you do want to ever talk to someone to just think things through, email me and I will give you my husband's phone number. joannmski@yahoo.com, or you can contact him through his blog, padrerich.blogspot.com.
  5. Serious Black Says:
    Man that hits home. I've been dealing with the same struggle. Trying to bring myself into submission to Gods will. So hard. It's so easy to just do what everyone else does instead of maintaining your walk on the staight and narrow. Thanks for the reminder.
  6. Mr. Grey Ghost Says:
    Damn, wish I'd gotten to see yesterday's post to get an idea as to what all the fuss is about. Live and learn man, thats all you can do.
  7. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    08 09 06

    Glad to know you are choosing to see the light! Keep on, it is difficult but the closer you get to your intended path the more spiritually fulfilled you will be.

    Warm Regards:)
  8. bold as love Says:
    James,
    What you have experienced will only make you stronger- and you were already pretty damned strong.

    Here's the dirty little secret Bruh- so many black men( all men and women actually) go through the struggled you have written about.

    The problem is too many don't have the strenght you have and fall to the wayside.

    James Manning will live a long and productive life, and in turn inspire others to do so.
    Later'
  9. nosthegametoo Says:
    It's a shame I could not have met you here in Chicago. But I'm a newcomer.

    Although I didn't read your last post, I'm sure it was excellent.

    These blogs are like diaries... and if you shared a feeling, whether good or bad, that's a wonderful thing.

    Too many stupid self-righteous fools on here.

    Personally, I love visiting your thoughts, whether I agree or disagree. You have wonderful writing charisma.

    Peace and Love.
  10. Dionne Says:
    Great way of putting it!!! Press on!!
  11. DJ Diva Says:
    Stay blessed James
  12. Dangerfield Says:
    Yo James I have no idea what your last post was about, however whatever trails your going thru right now keep keeping on. You are a good brotha, I can feel that you are trying to improve on your spirituality and I respect that. I can also feel that you are not a hypocrit which I can 100% feel. I have no idea what your going thru and to be honest although Im curious its not important for me to know, but I will say this if you keep trying to find truth and do the best you can based upon that truth you will never loose.
    Anyway long live James Manning god bless