Pigskin Challenge: Week 16

Update: Man oh man the Bears played a nice game yesterday. I think the defense needs to tighten up a bit. Maybe they are relaxed because they know that they have an offense now. But they still need to dominate but I'll give them a pass.

I'll deal with the games that had playoff implications.

Vikings vs. Baltimore: The one game they had to win and they blew it. But Baltimore has been playing better as of late. The Vikings will need to retool their offense if they want to move to the next level.

Cincinnati vs. Buffalo: The Bengals had a chance for a first round bye and blew it. This should give them a nice wakeup call that they are are not THERE. It looks like they will have to play the Steelers in the first round. I don't think they will win that game.

Carolina vs. Dallas: The Cowboys still have a chance but I don't think they'll make it. Neither of these teams will compete for the NFC Championship.

Washington vs. NY Giants: I don't know how good either of these two teams are. They look like championship caliber one week then suck the next. But I do believe that either is capable of pulling off an upset in the playoffs so I'd be worried if I had to play one of them.

Kansas City vs. San Diego: I'm not sure what happened to the Chargers. They lost four games in the final two minutes. That is no consolation to the fact that they won't make the playoffs. The Chiefs have a chance but they will need some help.

Preseason Prediction Recap

What was I thinking on week one? Lets see. The follow were my preseason picks.

1. Indianapolis Colts
2. New England Patriots
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Baltimore Ravens
6. Carolina Panthers
7. Atlanta Falcons
8. San Deigo Chargers
9. Minnesota Vikings
10. Kansas City Chiefs

In Week 4 I revised the list to:

1. Indianapolis Colts (1)
2. Philadelphia Eagles (3)
3. Atlanta Falcons (7)
4. Cincinnati Bengals (-)
5. San Diego Chargers (8)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (4)
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-)
8. Denver Broncos (-)
9. New England Patriots (2)
10. NY Giants (-)

Only 4 teams made it to the playoffs from the first list and 7 from the week 4 recap. Next week I'll do my playoff predictions.



This will probably be my last post before Christmas so I would like to take the time out to wish all of you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, Happy Kwanza and Happy Holidays for those of you that don't celebrate anything or celebrate everything.

Ya'll be safe, visit the family, hug somebody, and try to be good to a stranger.

On a sad note. It looks as though Tony Dungy's son took his own life. I know that must hurt. The man was having a great season and I'm sure nothing can be said to ease their pain. A very sad thing. So ya'll say a prayer for Tony Dungy and his family. And while your at it, say a prayer for everyone because we know not everyone is as blesses as we are.

Here are the picks.

MIAMI vs. Tennessee
NEW ORLEANS vs. Detroit
TAMPA BAY vs. Atlanta
CINCINNATI vs. Buffalo
WASHINGTON vs. New York (NYG)
Pittsburgh vs. CLEVELAND
CAROLINA vs. Dallas
Jacksonville vs. HOUSTON
KANSAS CITY vs. San Diego
ST. LOUIS vs. San Francisco
ARIZONA vs. Philadelphia
SEATTLE vs. Indianapolis
DENVER
vs. Oakland
Chicago vs. GREEN BAY
BALTIMORE vs. Minnesota
New England vs. NEW YORK (NYJ)

 

15 Responses to Pigskin Challenge: Week 16

  1. Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden Says:
    12 22 05

    Hey James: This is just a note to say Happy Holidays to you and your girlfriend and child. You have been great to converse with over this blog thingie and I appreciate your interesting perspectives and points of view. Warmest Regards and hopefully will see you next year blogging or on SNL:)
    Warm Regards,
    Mahndisa
  2. James Manning Says:
    Thanks, Mahn, the same to you and yours.
  3. Rell Says:
    Tennessee
    Detroit
    Atlanta
    CINCINNATI
    New York (NYG)
    Pittsburgh
    Dallas
    Jacksonville
    San Diego
    ST. LOUIS
    ARIZONA
    SEATTLE
    DENVER
    Chicago
    BALTIMORE
    New England
  4. stuffle Says:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  5. James Manning Says:
    In Green Bay, Stuffle? Wow, it is going to be a nice one. I think the Bears are going to the Super Bowl. I feel bad for Bret. It may be over for him.
  6. stuffle Says:
    Yeah. I don't know if it will be the end for Brett. He and Driver are about the only two on that team actually performing (at least consistently).

    I had to lay 16 against them, though, since I work with so many die hards. Unless the Bears totally fall apart, it seemed like an easy way to open up 32 points with a lot of people...
  7. Dionne Says:
    Merry Christmas James!!
  8. Dionne Says:
    Hey I found a blog about 24. It is run by conservatives but I thought you might still enjoy it :-).

    http://blogs4bauer.blogspot.com/
  9. Dan-E Says:
    St. Louis over Frisco:
    Miami over Tennessee:
    New Orleans over Detroit:
    Tampa Bay over Atlanta:
    Redskins over Giants:
    Carolina over Dallas:
    Houston over Jacksonville:
    Cincy over Buffalo:
    Pittsburg over Cleveland:
    San Diego over Kansas City:
    Philly over Arizona:
    Colts over Seattle:
    Denver over Oakland:
    Chicago over Green Bay:
    Minnesota over Baltimore:
    New England over Jets:
  10. Anonymous Says:
    Thanks Chatter, I will check it out. I can not wait until the season starts.
  11. Anonymous Says:
    oops, I didn't notice I was signed in with Jaimie
  12. Rell Says:
    yall love 24 too? Jack Bauer is my hero!


    am I the only one who picked this week?
  13. NewYorkMoments Says:
    Happy Holidays, James!
  14. Deb Sistrunk Nelson Says:
    Merry Christmas, James. Wishing you peace and love.
  15. DJ Diva Says:
    happy holidays!! terrible about tony's son :(